I am in the plane, somewhere between Dubai and Paris. In two hours, I will arrive in France under 2 degrees, with just a little jacket, and under the snow. I hope I will survive!
It’s time to go back and to feedback. What can I say?
It was really an amazing experience. After 8 months in Singapore I really felt at home. It was not so easy to take the taxi this morning and to see for the last time the Singapore skyline. Leave the annual 30 degrees, the comfortable city of Singapore, my job and my colleagues and, above all, the beaches of Asia.
I have no regrets. I spend 8 wonderful months over there, with a very interesting mission during the week and gorgeous travels during week-ends. Singapore is not perfect, I have a lot of things I will NOT miss (some Chinese habits, the foods, the lack of freedom…) but at the end, you cannot avoid to be attached to this city.
What I learned?
- Logistics organization
- Warehousing and warehouse equipments
- How to deal with serious customers (luxury and cosmetics)
- How to behave with suppliers (best way to obtain discounts!!)
- Manage short projects (1-2 months)
- Lead different meetings
- Work with strangers (Chinese, Malay…)
- Speak English for business and logistics words
Day to day life
- Autonomy and independence
- Find a shared flat, in a big city, in few days
- Force yourself to make new friends in an unknown environment
- Eat different type of food
- Travel around Asia : discover different cultures and religions
- Speak English (everyday words)
This internship is, for sure, an experience that I will never forget.
Anyway. As I told you, I’m in the plane. And my point is I am not in France yet but French people already start to bother me. I have one couple of French guys seating close to me and they spent the whole flight complain against the crew and service!
But still happy to come back and see my friends and family